• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Acuter Pro ST 20x60x80 (1 Viewer)

Sandraj

After more research (mainly on here) I am really interested in this scope, seems great for the price.

For in house use, I need to see the rising fields at the end of my garden edged by a forest, what I need to know from anyone who can help is, can this scope cope for me to see 500 yards, i.e. if there is a fox up there or an owl, would I easily be able to see them without much blurring?

In my opinion: could be quite bit dim than blurry. Cloudy country, dusk animals, 500 yards needs high mags to get a detalied view ... 80 mm could be at his limits most of the days.

Trust me, get a 100 mm, or even a 120 mm astro scope. You are gonna be looking from your house so portability is not a problem. Its not much more expensive, and it gonna be a huge, huge improve, not only in terms of light gathering.

Orion ST 120. With that you wont regret.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back