• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox 6.5x32 BR IF - any users ? (1 Viewer)

Greetings!

The specs look good... until you notice that it has individual eyepiece adjustment that theoretically stays in a "perma-focus" mode once adjusted... every other binocular I've ever looked through with this type of feature has been a disappointment... I'm personally saying "No Thanks!".

However, I personally DO like the Minox 8x32 BR VERY much, it's currently my 2nd most used pair of binoculars and my daypack "carry" binoculars for "grab the daypack and head out the door" situations. They were recently purchased locally on sale for approx. 1/2 price, so I don't worry as much about treating them kindly as I do with my other 8x32's. They've been very reliable and rugged so far... and the optical quality is quite fine considering that they are low-to-mid priced binoculars.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Last edited:
re Minox BR, I have apair of 10x52BR which get a bit of a hammering most days up here in the Fells and after 14 months use are still great to use, particularly since Minox changed the eye cups to the steel bearing method. They have even survived being dropped onto a quarry tiled kitchen floor and suffering a small dint in the front casing but they are rugged enough to take it!

Cheers

B

solentbirder said:
Anyone actually used these ?

Solentbirder,

I tried these for a short while and to be honest: I wasn´t impressed very much. In the hands they felt a bit like Steiner´s Wildlife bins but cheaper and more like made of plastics. The eyecups aren´t capable for those who use eye glasses because it´s very hard to fold them down and their eye relief is also quite short. Optical I noticed a quite narrow FOV and some field curvature. If you´ve ever used a high quality binocular, those 6.5x Minox probably won´t give much joy IMHO.

Steve

Thanks very much for the comments guys. I've got a pair of Minox 10x58 ED's that I'm extremely happy with. Sounds like the 10x52 is nice too. Think I'll leave the 6.5x alone though.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back