• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cannon 40d,and lenslocking. (1 Viewer)

jacksnipe

I have just bought the cannon 40d and sigma 18-200mm lens,and the cannon 400 f5/6 prime lens,when I fix a lens to the camera,they lock,but if I twist the hte camera one way and the lens the other,their is a slight play and clicking sound between lens and camera.it is only slight,and when walking with it in my hand,their is no movement or noise,like the lens is lose,and the pictures are ok.as any one else found this with their camera,is this the norm.thanks.

I have just bought the cannon 40d and sigma 18-200mm lens,and the cannon 400 f5/6 prime lens,when I fix a lens to the camera,they lock,but if I twist the hte camera one way and the lens the other,their is a slight play and clicking sound between lens and camera.it is only slight,and when walking with it in my hand,their is no movement or noise,like the lens is lose,and the pictures are ok.as any one else found this with their camera,is this the norm.thanks.

I get it wilth all my lense others do too it's normal just a mm of movment,
strangley my jessopes ex tube's are tight with no play at all.
Rob.

lens locking 40d

thanks for your reply rob,like I said,it is not bad,and I am very happy with the results I am getting with the camera and lens.I was just curios.thanks again.

I Have had the same thing with a new 40D and a 400mm lens attached this did not happen with the 400D it might have to go back as i dont feel that this is right.Only had it for a few days what willit be like in six months time.

I had it on my 400D and on my 40D but only with my 100-400. All other lens I have lock tight on both bodies. It doesn't seem to cause a problem as far as I can see.

thanks everybody for your replies and help,I have just been on to cannon help line.and they say its normal.thanks again.

I Have had the same thing with a new 40D and a 400mm lens attached this did not happen with the 400D it might have to go back as i dont feel that this is right.Only had it for a few days what willit be like in six months time.

I have it on my 4D and 400 f5.6 too, but don't worry about it as the set up works very well. Don't go back to the 400D because of this minor issue, the 40D is a better camera is every respect.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back