• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buzzzy Cardinal (1 Viewer)

Chicaddd

Today I was at the kitchen sink when I looked up - out the window - and I thought that I saw a juvenile cardinal learning how to fly. I watched it for a couple of minutes and I realized that it was trying to catch a wasp. I could not see the wasp at first because it was so small. The cardinal continued this for several minutes. Then the bird flew up to the deck railing, and flew off. It was funny to watch when I did not know that the wasp was there...lol

hmm, did not know cardinals went after wasps. If I did, i would've sprayed the wasps with peanut spray to get them to get rid of all our wasps...

Hi Kevin! I have watched this myself with the juvie mockers and often, you just can't see what they are going after. Does make for a wonderfully amusing time.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back