• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frog for ID from Cyprus (1 Viewer)

ColinD

United Kingdom
I came across this frog in Cyprus near the Asprokremmos dam last week. To me it looks like one of the marsh / pool / edible / water frog complex but which one? Can anybody help?

Thanks

Colin

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 99
I think its a Marsh Frog

Thanks. Actually to answer my own question, I've just come across a web site here which states that there are only three species of amphibian in Cyprus, green toad, tree frog and the Cyprus Marsh Frog Pelophylax bedriagae.

This is obviously not the first two, so it must be Cyprus marsh frog which the site says is endemic. The only confusion is that a quick google of Pelophylax bedriagae reveals that it also has the name Levant water frog which occurs across southern Turkey and the eastern Mediterranean, therefore not endemic to Cyprus.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back