• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unfamiliar call (audio) - Upstate NY (1 Viewer)

nfbirder

While checking a grassy field that sometimes hosts breeding Grasshopper Sparrow, I heard I call that I was completely unfamiliar with. It can be heard twice in this video—once near the beginning, and then again when there's less noise and it can be heard fairly clearly. The call has three distinct parts...1) a brief series of chirps, 2) a whistled "fwwEEE-ooo" that is repeated once, and 3) an extended "churrrrrr" that kind of peters out. Please note that I am not an experienced ear-birder and this could be a very common species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srg_ae-P2KE&feature=youtu.be

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back