• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barred Warbler? Turkey (1 Viewer)

kuzeycem

Medicinal Birding
Turkey
Hi!

After that whole wader thing, I just though we need to chill out, so I found something easy:)

I photographed this bird on 2 September 2013 on coasts of Trabzon. Is there any chance this bird is a 1st autumn Barred Warbler? It has a dark eye, strong bill, dull greyish upperparts and pale edges to wing feathers.

Thanks for your help! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4077.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 235
Not that easy, angle not helping.

It as a Garden Warbler look... but I guess the well marked fringes on the tertials exclude this possibility. Therefore I would agree with you on Barred Warbler.

first wintering barred are so similar to garden warblers, but easily can be told by the spotty butt, as well as being a bit larger and have more harsh calls.

i also think this is a barred. my shot was taking on the 9th of Sep.

Attachments

• barred.jpg
    barred.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 104
first wintering barred are so similar to garden warblers, but easily can be told by the spotty butt, as well as being a bit larger and have more harsh calls.

i also think this is a barred. my shot was taking on the 9th of Sep.

No doubts there!

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back