• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

east african gulls and terns (1 Viewer)

Fink

I can see 3 different gulls/terns, but I was asking me if the bigger tern on the right side is another one?

#1 white winged tern
#2 grey-headed gull
#3 lesser black-backed gull

Thx

Attachments

• IMGP9993.JPG
    IMGP9993.JPG
    469.4 KB · Views: 102
Agree, and the other tern is gull-billed. The LBBG's are very likely to all be fuscus - all the ones I saw in Uganda in September were. I probably should have been enjoying the elephants more than those 1 winter, tapered winged, elegant larids!

Great photo! Gull-billed Tern on the right

Thx, I shot over 150 different birds in Uganda. But I am not always sure in gulls and terns, they are sometimes very difficult to seperate.

So could you also check if these are gull-billed or white-winged terns?

Thank you!

PS: I am working to load some more good or rare pics to the gallery.

Attachments

• IMGP9919.JPG
    IMGP9919.JPG
    512.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGP9986.JPG
    IMGP9986.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 41
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back