• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Australian Eastern Rosella (1 Viewer)

johnno

Hi All,

Pics were taken today,my feeder is approx 80 feet down the back yard.

Pics were Digiscoped,by holding the Camera up to the Ed80 Eyepiece.

Regards,John

Attachments

• Picture 036 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 036 (Medium).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 078 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 078 (Medium).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 086 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 086 (Medium).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 057 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 057 (Medium).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 91
Thanks for all interested,

I do believe the Rosella,in its many forms is regarded as one of the Prettiest Birds,in Australia,Although,there are many more.

I am Amazed,by the amount of species,now coming to our feeder,in such a short time since it's been set in the back yard.(About a week).

I DO,consider myself,very lucky to be able to see these beautiful birds so close.

Very windy here today,so I didn't bother setting up the scope,but,my wife saw the Rosella, on the feeder,a pink Galah,and a spotted dove,feeding from what had been dropped on the ground,all together.

Many thanks to my Mate,Steph,for giving me the Little feeder,from his aviary.

Regards.John

Nice pictures!

I am a bit jealous, because I have seen many Pale Headed Rosella's in my yard, but never the Eastern one.

Well done!

Nice pictures!

I am a bit jealous, because I have seen many Pale Headed Rosella's in my yard, but never the Eastern one.

Well done!

Hi,
Glad you liked the photos,

I have had a look at your Gallery,and you certainly have some really good shots there.

I think I have a way to go to match that quality.

I have attached,what I believe the best pic,of the Rosella so far.

Taken yesterday.

Regards.John

Attachments

• Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 84
Thanks for the beautiful photos. That is how birds should be living free as nature intended, not stuck in cages. They look a lot happier and their colours brighter, sorry don't know how to put that but you all know what I mean.

Look forward to seeing and hearing more about them

Ann

I uploaded a photo of the Pale Headed Rosella that sometimes comes to my garden. They are always in pares.

The photo is not one of my best shots and can be found in my Gallery

I uploaded a photo of the Pale Headed Rosella that sometimes comes to my garden. They are always in pares.

The photo is not one of my best shots and can be found in my Gallery

Hi,

Thanks for showing the pic,

Very Nice colours, the head may be pale,but the body colours are beautiful.

Hard to get good shots,when they are in trees,I never seem to get enough Light.

Regards.John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back