• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Off topic - not getting my money back from Tristate Camera (1 Viewer)

marinemaster

Hi,

This is off topic but as Tristate Camera is a binos dealer I ordered a $70 Minolta that was advertised as new and it as 10 years old. It has been about 45 days since they confirmed they received my shipment back. Since then I called them like 10 times and all i get is excuses. I spoke with Howard and Michael and I keep getting the same story. They put me on hold forever and empty promises. Anybody has any idea how to deal about Tristate ?

Hi,

This is off topic but as Tristate Camera is a binos dealer I ordered a $70 Minolta that was advertised as new and it as 10 years old. It has been about 45 days since they confirmed they received my shipment back. Since then I called them like 10 times and all i get is excuses. I spoke with Howard and Michael and I keep getting the same story. They put me on hold forever and empty promises. Anybody has any idea how to deal about Tristate ?

This seems to be a typical handling by one of the poor NewYork optics
merchants. Keep calling daily and more often, and ask for the boss, tie up
that toll-free number and be persistant. Make sure you tell them you are reporting to the BBB, Better Business Bureau, and make sure you do.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Best of luck to you. :smoke:

If your tag means you are USMC, it is too bad you aren't a bit closer and
you could just go there and take care of business.

Jerry

Hi,

Yes, they are not New York's finest. My suggestion is to: (1) take a screen shot of the "new" Minolta ad, (2) compose a complaint letter against Tristate stating what efforts you have made, and (3) send it by registered mail to:

United States Attorneys' Office, Eastern District
Loretta E. Lynch
271 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)254-7000

Oh, yes, make sure to send a copy by regular mail, receipt requested, to Tristate.

Then, relax, go birding and enjoy yourself. B :)

Ed

Hi,

The best way to deal with Tristate is don't.

I agree TriState Street is best avoided.

I have visited B&H and 17 Street Photo and Adorama. All are good stores with lots of customer traffic.
I have had good service and prices from all three. These sellers offer good return policy without restocking or hassle. I think (check before you buy) they do not refund the shipping to you which I find reasonable. No restocking fee is charged by these sellers.

I have returned many items to B&H and never had a hassle.

I do treat the people I talk to with respect and no attitude when returning an item which seems to help.

Last edited:
I agree State Street is best avoided.

I have been to both B&H and 17 Street Photo and Addorama.

I have had good service and prices from all three. These selers offer good return policy without restocking or hassell. I think (check before you buy) they do not refund the shipping to you which I find reasonable. No restocking fee is charged hy these sellers.

I have returned many items to B&H and never had a hassell.

I do treat the people I talk to with respect and no attitude when retruning an item which seems to help.

I personally can't say enough about B&H. They are without a doubt one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with. I highly recommend them!

Thats why I like paypal...if I receive an item that is not like advertised,I just complain through paypal...and same with the credit card...And remember ,ALWAYS,..First cancel the payment,then ask the questions!

They finally return the money after I told them I will talk to the Attorneys' Office
I bet if I was going to do nothing I would have never seen the refund. Thanks much guys. Great forum and camaraderie here :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back