• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor Pasir Ris Singapore (1 Viewer)

Sunbird24

Seen in March, at first I thought Kite but the tail suggests Sea-eagle could it be a young one?

Attachments

• q -0002.jpg
    q -0002.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 81
  • q -0003.jpg
    q -0003.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 69
  • q -0007.jpg
    q -0007.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 67
I feel those who give helpful answers to be far more helpful than those with one or two word answers with no explanation. Remember even experts get it wrong sometimes, Nobody is perfect.

I feel those who give helpful answers to be far more helpful than those with one or two word answers with no explanation. Remember even experts get it wrong sometimes, Nobody is perfect.

I am not an expert. As a fellow birder you asked for id help and I took the trouble to help you. If you are confusing wt eagle with Brahminy you are clearly a novice, so your "attitude" surprises me. I reiterate; you asked for help and you didn't like the answer I gave. I won't bother in the future as people like are best left ignorant IMHO. I suggest you buy a basic guide book.

It'll be White-bellied Sea-Eagle that he's confusing it with and to be fair, size apart, the two imms of the species can look fairly similar. So relax boys.....:smoke:

Had you bothered to read what I first wrote "I thought Kite but the tail suggests Sea-eagle" instead of just giving a name you could have given an explanation as to why a Kite has a tail like a Sea Eagle as Grahame did. I have lived with both for more than 50 years but never seen one like that before, hence my question. I should perhaps throw away my guide books as none of them show a bird like that.

Had you bothered to read what I first wrote "I thought Kite but the tail suggests Sea-eagle" instead of just giving a name you could have given an explanation as to why a Kite has a tail like a Sea Eagle as Grahame did. I have lived with both for more than 50 years but never seen one like that before, hence my question. I should perhaps throw away my guide books as none of them show a bird like that.

50 years experience and you can't tell them apart. Have you thought about stamp-collecting !

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back