• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Natureview Binoculars (1 Viewer)

kulwhiz

Hi ,

Need some advice on a sub $100 , 8 X 42 / 8 X 32 binocular. I was looking at Bushnell Natureview series but wanted to check for options from experienced people. Primary use will be in nature while treks and safaris.
I am from India where unfortunately i dont have the option to preview a bino as apart from celestron, nikon. And these are way over budget after the customs and excise duties. So will be judging from peoples reviews and ordering it from US through some of my friends.
I am new to this forum and this will be my first Binocular so any help regarding this is appreciated.

Rgds,

I dont know anything about them, have only seen them on the web.

I'm guessing you mean the roofs?

What I have seen in general with Bushnell is that some examples will be pretty good, some not so good. But you should have a good warranty with them so I would not be afraid of buying them.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just completed some research based on my constraints and narrowed down on 2 models which fit.
a) Bushnell 8x32 NatureView Roof Binocular priced arnd 80$
b) Celestron 8x32 Nature DX Binocular (Roof) priced arnd 120$

Request your comments on which one is suggested.
My selection criteria's were Roof, Weight under 18oz, 8X32-42, price upto 120$.
Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanx.

There aren't amazon reviews on the Celestron yet. There are for the Bushnell
Natureview. 7 reviews, all 5 stars.

Now: most reviewers are very impressed with ANY new binoculars,
so some reviews would be top ratings anyway. The important thing is that
there were no low ratings, which almost always come from a defective pair.
So this is likely an indicator that this particular model has decent quality control
in China. That is actually a big achievement these days.

Other Celestron and Bushnell models can have QC troubles.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back