• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it worth getting this pair of Bushnell binoculars? (2 Viewers)

I need your help.

I just came across this pair of Bushnell compact binoculars advertised for $20. It's about a 50 minute drive return trip, there and back to the vendors location. Don't want to waste my time, gas and have to battle heavily congested city traffic driving there if they're not worth getting.

I can't upload the pics because of the file format. But here is the link to the For Sale ad which includes pics:

As you can see, it says on the binos, 7x25, 381 feet at a 1000 yards. I tried Googling it but nothing comes up with those exact specs as to the model name, any specs or any reviews on it.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know anything about them as to the model name, image quality, close focus, eye relief etc?

2. Will they provide superior images and really bright, sharp, crisp views?

I am specifically, only looking for superior views ie., brightness, sharpness and crispness that would come close to (maybe one notch below) my Vortex Crossfire HD 8x42's, Celestron Nature DX 8x42's, Vortex Diamondback HD 8x32's, Celestron Nature DX compact 10x25's and Olympus Outback compact 8x21 RCI's etc which ALL have really bright views.

I am NOT looking for slightly sub-standard image quality, similar to my Pentax UCF G 8x25's, which is not as bright as all of the binoculars mentioned above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.
In Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

Your UCFs are way better BTW
Thanks Bino Steve. Appreciate it. This is a great way to find out what binos to go after and which ones to keep away from to not waste time, gas and not deal with crazy traffic. You'll probably see quite a few posts like these from me from here on in as I only search for pre-owned, used ones.

Lots of great threads on here. And for Astronomy related binos, over at Cloudy Nights. Many same members here are over there. Just search best used compact binoculars or something similar. I'd think your Vortex 8x32 gets the job done, but maybe I'm wrong?

Bino Steve.

I already have more than enough binos to keep me going. See my signature at Cloudy Nights for what I already have and what I'm looking to add to my collection. I just like collecting good quality, affordable stuff and keeping an eye out for good deals at the same time, hahaha.

I also like continually upgrading my collection and selling the "not as nice, less desirable" ones.

Besides expanding my compact collection and upgrading my full & mid size binos, my next step will be to also start re-selling some of my excess bino deals online (when I have excess bino deals, hahaha), for a profit in order to help feed my habit, so eventually my collection won't have cost me anything and it will have eventually paid for itself.

I have already picked up what I consider to be 6 really good deals off Kijiji and FB Marketplace, only over the past 6 weeks, since I started buying binoculars.

As an example, a couple of days ago I picked up a pair of Brand New in the box Celestron Nature DX ED 8x42's for a steal of a deal price of only $100 Cdn (my best deal yet). They normally retail for $270 Cdn tax included. I scored! It was from like an Amazon return, but not quite, off a private Kijiji online re-seller It is in Excellent, New, perfect condition not missing anything.

I probably will not have enough time to use them all. It's just a nice feeling to know that I have real quality, inexpensive, affordable, entry level, top of the line binos in my collection.

By the way, I had already cross posted the same message that you responded to on Cloudy Nights.
See: Is it worth getting this pair of binoculars? ... and also these ... - Binoculars - Cloudy Nights

I have also searched most if not all of the compact and also full and mid size bino threads on Cloudy Nights and also on Bird Forum. I've spent loads of time and done extensive online research and have even compiled a list of nicer, higher quality, compact binos to get.

The best bino review/buying guide site (at least for me) that I have come across thus far, is this one: Bird watching binoculars buying guide [2021]

You really should check it out. In my humble novice opinion, Greg Gillson has created the ultimate bino review site on what to look out for in a binocular, bino specs and recommendations. He has done all the time consuming research and hard work for anyone looking to buy a pair of binoculars.
It is what lit a fire under me and got me into purchasing binoculars.

Sounds like you have a good handle on the resources. I'm doing the same thing here in the States. but already in the selling mode. Too many in collection. And I'm burnt out on bad deals from auctions. So far I barely make cost back and lose out on shipping so it's only barely paying for half of hobby.

I need your help.

I just came across this pair of Bushnell compact binoculars advertised for $20. It's about a 50 minute drive return trip, there and back to the vendors location. Don't want to waste my time, gas and have to battle heavily congested city traffic driving there if they're not worth getting.

I can't upload the pics because of the file format. But here is the link to the For Sale ad which includes pics:

As you can see, it says on the binos, 7x25, 381 feet at a 1000 yards. I tried Googling it but nothing comes up with those exact specs as to the model name, any specs or any reviews on it.
These are Bushnell Ensign 13-7207 reverse porros. They made a lot of different models thru the years.

These are Bushnell Ensign 13-7207 reverse porros. They made a loI thoughtt of different models thru the years.
Thanks lilcrazy2. I though someone here would probably be able to identify the model. Doesn't look like they are anything special though. I was hoping that they would be like my recently acquired small, compact, inexpensive, entry level Olympus Outback 8x21 RCI binos which simply blew me away with their incredibly bright, crisp, sharp views. They pack quite a punch for such small, inexpensive binoculars. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back