• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some of my Drawing (1 Viewer)

Welcome back Rob. I saw my very first spoonbill at Oare! Once I'd seen the first I seemed to keep bumping into them over on Elmley.

Good to see you having a go at these cracking birds and don't be put off, we all have those doldrum periods but in the end you'll always come back to it now 'cos the sketching bug has bitten!

Keep your eyes open at Oare if you're down that way, like the spoonbills, I turn up there every now and then! I can be identified by my overall rounded shape, my camo plumage and the sketchbook sticking out at the side!

Mike

Hi everyone , a big thankyou for your kind comments :t: and Woody i do get to Oare quite often and will say hello if i spot you there if thats ok ?

I saw the Cattle egret which was with some cows at Dungeness rspb reserve on the 21st August and here is the drawing of it , its the first time i have attempted drawing anything else other then birds

Last edited:
I can't draw cows to save my life - you've done very well indeed, nice composition of a very identifiable bird.

Hi Rob, from a newbie on the forum. Keep the life sketches coming - I am in the same situation you're in: new to drawing birdes from life and feeling like I'm an elementary school student who somehow wound up in a classroom for doctoral students! But it's been great fun, and I expect it will continue that way.

Great piece Rob and a very stylish design to boot. In future, to save the elegant linework of the first drawing, it may be worth re-drawing the design if you are intending to apply colour. This way your intentions are set out from the first. Having said that, it's very encouraging indeed to see you take clour on in this way and you are definitely headed the right direction.

Nice stages of progression!

We all love that!

Am surprised there are no Yellow Wags around the cow's nose!

Great behavioural study Rob! keep them coming!

Great piece Rob and a very stylish design to boot. In future, to save the elegant linework of the first drawing, it may be worth re-drawing the design if you are intending to apply colour. This way your intentions are set out from the first. Having said that, it's very encouraging indeed to see you take clour on in this way and you are definitely headed the right direction.

Greatt advice here Rob. Sometimes it's nice to have both the original line version and then another with color. As Tim and others say, you're heading in the right direction.

Nice one Rob, as Arthur says keep 'em coming and your confidence will grow and grow. And please do say hello if you see me (I'll be wearing camo so it's not always easy! ;)).

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back