• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SRB-Griturn Universal Adapter (1 Viewer)

Neil said:
Allen,
The top "locking wheel" has a Stop. After adjusting the Arm and the camera angle so it's square with the eyepiece but not touching, you tighten the allen screw and it shouldn't move when using the Self-timer and the cable release. It should be packed away carefully when travelling though as it will slip under pressure. Neil.

Having now purchased the adaptor, I'm finding that it slips past the stop point with the slightest of pressure (I guess the bar itself actually twists within the locking wheels). Has anyone else found this and come up with a solution as I'm sure everytime I pop it in bag and out again it will do this.

Tighten lower screw.

Allen said:
Having now purchased the adaptor, I'm finding that it slips past the stop point with the slightest of pressure (I guess the bar itself actually twists within the locking wheels). Has anyone else found this and come up with a solution as I'm sure everytime I pop it in bag and out again it will do this.

The lower csk screw holding base arm[ plate with slot] on shaft is as far as I can see only held on with threadlock and tight screw. Free to turn against
stop if not tightened.Or forced breaking threadlock adhesion

Scunner

I see where you mean but this seems tight enough - in fact it is this lower bar and the the upright arm together which twist within the stop mechanism. I think Neil also noted as such.

Received mine this week and am having the same problem. It's OK when you set up but put it in the bag and because the arm is not supported away from the rest of the body, except by the stop, the leverage is too much for the two grub screws to hold. Except for welding it all together not sure of a solution. I'm relying on the larger friction lock screw to stop the whole arm moving having set it up. Doing it this way though means you lose the advantage of having the swing out adapter.

Will this adapter work with the following combination?

Nikon Fieldscope ED 20-60x with an Olympus 720SW?

I want to buy an adapter that will work with almost any compact digital.

Will this adapter work with the following combination?

Nikon Fieldscope ED 20-60x with an Olympus 720SW?

I want to buy an adapter that will work with almost any compact digital.

Contact SRB direct and they will confirm that they have a version for your zoom. The camera should be no problem as long as the bottom with the tripod thread is flat. It works with all digicams that I have tried (Canons,Fujis,Olympus,Nikons,Sony,Leica).
The new,improved version corrects most of the issues raised in this thread.
Once setup and locked , I can throw it in my bag and it will stay in it's position.
Neil.

Contact SRB direct and they will confirm that they have a version for your zoom. The camera should be no problem as long as the bottom with the tripod thread is flat. It works with all digicams that I have tried (Canons,Fujis,Olympus,Nikons,Sony,Leica).
The new,improved version corrects most of the issues raised in this thread.
Once setup and locked , I can throw it in my bag and it will stay in it's position.
Neil.
I contacted them for advice about various combinations, and they have been excellent offering prompt and helpful advice.
regards Kim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back