• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

4 weeks tropical birding with the Zeiss SFL 8x30 (3 Viewers)

Happy end (except for my wallet): I bought another 8x30. Weather is terrible, so no real outside use yet, but peaking out of the window, the new one is just as fine as my memories of the lost one.
Glad to read you found a way to replace that perfect tool! I hope you got the larger FL eyepiece covers from Zeiss in the meantime. And if you want an even more compact set, that 8x30 SFL does not really need a full-size Zeiss strap. Though my wife is still very happy with it.

As for myself, I replaced it with a more compact strap model made by Op/Tech USA. The "BIN/OP STRAP - QD" comes with two "Mini QD Loop Connectors" that have so far proven very sturdy. B&H in the US sold the strap for $12.29. I ordered two, and with shipping to Switzerland ($13.95) the total was $38.53. The added convenience makes this a great buy in my opinion. And I still have a spare for my wife in case she changes her mind in the future. :)

Agree with the strap, the regular Zeiss one is more than it is needed. I'm a fan of the rubber cord harness (can be ordered as Rick Young harness, but easy to DIY) and I will use this again. It goes perfect with the little bin (some of it can be seen in the pics in my opening post).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back