• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (2 Viewers)

New Trail Cam

I recently bought a Bushnell trailcam, mainly to find out what will be using our campsites on an upcoming trip to Botswana.

I tried it out in my small suburban back garden last night. I have identified at least 5 different hedgehogs including two youngsters (4 photographed together), also my first ever garden record of Fox.

Amazing what's going on when you're asleep

Cheers
Martyn

Attachments

• Hedgehog-Garden-10,1.jpg
    Hedgehog-Garden-10,1.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Hedgehogs-&-Fox-in-Garden-11,1.jpg
    Hedgehogs-&-Fox-in-Garden-11,1.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Fox-12,1.jpg
    Fox-12,1.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 57
I recently bought a Bushnell trailcam, mainly to find out what will be using our campsites on an upcoming trip to Botswana.

I tried it out in my small suburban back garden last night. I have identified at least 5 different hedgehogs including two youngsters (4 photographed together), also my first ever garden record of Fox.

Amazing what's going on when you're asleep

Cheers
Martyn

It is so exciting checking to see what the camera has caught. In some ways, although I'm sure you'll get some great images on your trip to Botswana, seeing what comes into your own garden is even better |8)|.

TS

Nice shoots, Martyn. it's fascinating to find out who is visiting our gardens after we turn off the lights.
I hadn't had my camera out for a couple of weeks but I hiked back to our woods last week and set it up near a game trail. I'll leave it for a week before I check it. Ironically, when I came home, I found skunk sign all over my lawn. They (it) had even dug out a bees nest. catching a skunk on the trail camera is one of my goals. Maybe I need a second camera.;)

I failed to get any thing on camera from the woods so after two weeks I brought it back to the house. Last night I set up the camera near my feeder and here's the result. I am a bit surprised at the result because I haven't been seeing any sign of raccoons still being around.

Attachments

• WGI_0001.1..jpg
    WGI_0001.1..jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 61
Here we are in Florida. There is a wooden fence surrounding much of the resort but the bears have been breaking through it on a pretty regular basis.
Finally the staff decided to stop repairing the gap and turned it into a doorway. I live across the street from it and have a trail cam et up focused on the door. Here are the some of the results from the last ouple of weeks. The door is being used by a variety of animals, some tough to id. I'll post some more pictures probably tomorrow.

Attachments

• WGI_0001_3467.1..jpg
    WGI_0001_3467.1..jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 61
  • WGI_0002_3468.1..jpg
    WGI_0002_3468.1..jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 37
  • WGI_0001_3569.1..jpg
    WGI_0001_3569.1..jpg
    217 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Here we are in Florida. There is a wooden fence surrounding much of the resort but the bears have been breaking through it on a pretty regular basis.
Finally the staff decided to stop repairing the gap and turned it into a doorway. I live across the street from it and have a trail cam et up focused on the door. Here are the some of the results from the last ouple of weeks. The door is being used by a variety of animals, some tough to id. I'll post some more pictures probably tomorrow.

Feel free to post unidentified pix, we all like a good argument!

John

Oh my.... nice one Dan.

As John says, let's see the difficult ones too... I'll not be able to ID them, but it'll be fun reading the discussion!!;)

I agree the staff did well and they have been told so. I love having the gate there but the people who live immediately beside it have a small dog and they aren't very happy about the bears in their backyard.
Last night's captures - raccoon and opossum and an armadillo from earlier in the week. I haven't got a clear shot of the possum but the tail is very distinctive.

Attachments

• WGI_0001_3860.1..jpg
    WGI_0001_3860.1..jpg
    144 KB · Views: 60
  • WGI_0002_3861.1,.jpg
    WGI_0002_3861.1,.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 68
  • WGI_0010_3839.1..jpg
    WGI_0010_3839.1..jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 65
Just about any Florida animal can potentially be found in the forest. It's also where bears are relocated to when they invade civilization.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back