• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Tyke Meet of 2013 (1 Viewer)

I'm in for Feb 17. Have never been to LDV so could do with some directions.

Not sure about March yet, as we go to Mull for a week at Easter.

Richard

Richard, the car park for the Geoffrey Smith hide is roughly here. It's easy to overshoot though. On the left hand side.

Last edited:
Richard, the car park for the Geoffrey Smith hide is roughly here. It's easy to overshoot though. On the left hand side. Maybe someone else can reposition the arrow

Basically come along the market weighton road go through north duffield, the reserve is on the left about half a mile down the road, look out for the roadside barriers the car park is literally just before these

Shall we say 7am ;)

I was thinking of camping overnight as the best way;)

Richard - get there when you can as we won't be zooming off anywhere. The hides are both reached from the same path so you can't get lost...if you find the car park.:t:

I was at North Duffield yesterday in the snow - some good birds about, including a lot of farmland birds nearer to Bubwith. One thing to note is that the farthest hide (Garganey) is closed at the moment due to flooding.

:eek!:

How about 8am??

haha I was joking, i only live 2mins down the road!

I'll probably get there early anyway, had 2 tundra bean geese fly past the hide yesterday! Also had a jaunt up to thorganby, Wheldrake Ings & Bank Island so im more familiar with the area. Willow tit at Bank Island this weekend & plenty of waders about http://andykizbirding.blogspot.co.uk/

White wingers still turning up north of the area so will be worth a look.

Hi all,

I might join you for this, if that's okay? I'm sort of familiar with Wheldrake/Bank Island/Skipwith (in spring/summer at least), but would like to have a gander at North Duff and Andy's new patch.

Cheers

Usual reply from me - don't think I can make it, but if anyone happens to be going from the Sheffield area and has a spare seat let me know.

Hi all,

I might join you for this, if that's okay? I'm sort of familiar with Wheldrake/Bank Island/Skipwith (in spring/summer at least), but would like to have a gander at North Duff and Andy's new patch.

Cheers

The more the merrier Nick. Look forward to meeting you

Hi all,

Cheers

It would be nice to see you Nick! I've got a few bits for the group if you want them too. Hopefully see you there!

Yeah, I just found that out too (that they've moved the City game to the Sunday). I may not be going to North Duffield on that day after all...

was having a think, maybe find a pub with the game on locally after a few hours birding?? I would say watch at mine but its on bloody ESPN!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back