• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Martham Broad, Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Karl J

Forget your frost & winter geese, far too cold .... this is more like it .... A really top notch spring morning up at Martham Broad today. Across the broad, the pancake flat landscape of water & reedbeds broken only by a few trees and the windmills set against a clear blue sky made for a lovely backdrop. And absolutely no-one about.

Along the path to the broad I noted .... a Stoat, 5 or 6 Small tortoiseshell butterflies flitting about, hares, Red-legged Partridge & a Redwing in the fields. Loads of bees in a willow tree. A Cetti's Warbler was singing from somewhere deep in the reeds.

Several ducks on the broad still, inc. Goldeneye, Tufted Ducks, Wigeon, Teal, Gadwall plus 1 Snipe, an overflying Curlew, a flock of Lapwing & ~20 Cormorant sunning themselves. And the 5+ Marsh Harriers gave some really good quality views.

Also - 4 Whooper Swans East of the B1159 in a pool
A singing Chiffchaff near Horsey All Saints Church & various small flocks of tits, finches etc and a Song Thrush
Plenty of singing Skylarks

From Horsey dunes a few Red Throated Diver and 1 Fulmar.

Those Stoats are great creatures! I was lucky enough to see one on my recent canal survey. It is good to only need the fleece jacket instead of the waterproofs too.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back