• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwachers Diary for iPhone (1 Viewer)

Boy Wonder

Warden - RSPB Lincolnshire Wash Reserves
Does anyone use this regularly? Is there anyway to make your own lists easily without deleting individually from the main list, ie for webs counts, summer and winter patch, seawatching etc? Any help or pointers much appreciated.

I use Birdwatcher 's Diary. The help file on their website tells you how to create your own list. You can do it on your computer and import via iTunes, or create and save a list in the app. I haven't done it myself but it looks quite straightforward. If you get stuck you can email them, they are very friendly and helpful and reply pretty quickly.

I've been using the software for over a year now, in fact I helped them develop the UK list - anglicising names etc. The easiest way to develop your own lists is to copy the UK list and delete (or indeed add) species and then transfer the list(s) to you I device via iTunes.

Lists are very flexible in that if you're in the field and a scarcity appears - as happened to me at Leighton Moss the other week when the Glossy Ibis appeared - you can simply add the and to your list They don't require you to enter scientific names so you can name a bird anything you like!

As others have commented, their manual is remarkably comprehensive for an app and they usually respond to emails same day.

All in all I find it pretty good but it does require a little investment of time to get to grips with some of the functions.

Bird Journal

The Bird Journal by Bluebird technology for Iphone is excellent and can be transferred to a desktop Pc version for backup purposes.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back