• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommended Camera repairer (1 Viewer)

Rob Jones

Disaster struck a few months ago when my 5D got wet in a shower. Firstly I never realised that the sealing on this model was so poor. The 5D isn't a cheap model, however I was wrong to think it is well sealed.

Took it in to Lehmanns at Stoke as I live quite near. When they got around to looking at it two weeks later they phoned me and told me that it was basically knackered due to internal corrosion. :C They said it was totaly 'unrepairable'

In the end I used Eurohitech, a small company trading that I searched out on the net. They said they could repair it and they did. Took them a few weeks to gather the parts and fix it. Happy with the job and not having to write-off a £1300 camera.

I just thought I'd give them a mention as I found it hard to find anyone that would do the repair apart from Lehmanns. :t:

Lehmanns can be pretty hit or miss. Fixed my 30d a few years back with no problems, but my 500mm with minor water damage took weeks. To make it worse they would answer neither phone or email.

ditto, Fixation have the best reputation I know of.... often better than Canon's own repair hq at Elstree
But if I lived in Stafff, Lehmanns would be the natural place to try.

Lehmann's have been fantastic to me and when I had to put in both the 500/4 and the 1D2n I had both pieces of equpment back 1 week after I put them in to be fixed and that includes them ordering parts for the camera. I put them in on a Monday morning and got them back the following Monday afternoon.

They do however turn things around faster for Canon/Nikon Professional Services members

Lehmann's have been fantastic to me and when I had to put in both the 500/4 and the 1D2n I had both pieces of equpment back 1 week after I put them in to be fixed and that includes them ordering parts for the camera. I put them in on a Monday morning and got them back the following Monday afternoon.

They do however turn things around faster for Canon/Nikon Professional Services members

I can concur, Lehmanns have always sorted my problems while i wait, providing i have made a previous appointment.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back