• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holkham Hoards (1 Viewer)

Ruby

I was just putting a picture up on the gallery which I took at Holkham on Saturday and having a quiet chuckle to myself about an incident that happened during my first trip to this birding hotspot.

For those of you familiar with the site, this will make most sense....

I had walked across the sand and was up on top of the dunes looking out to sea - turned back to look inland and saw what looked to be about 100 birders all in a line scoping away at something just by the line of pines, close to the viewing platform.

"Blimey." I thought, "Must be something fantastic...."

Now, this was not a place I could get to in any sort of a hurry, so I made my way over there in the course of about the next 20 mins or so.... Sidled up to the end of the line, plonked my scope down and said "Anything good??" to the lady next to me.

"Not really" She said "We've only just got off the coach!"

Much deflated.....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back