• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Twitchers' rage at hut love nests (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

I,m not quite sure what the protocol is on walking into a hide to discover that sort of thing.What do you do? just open a window and say "don't mind me" ;)

‘Nature reserves are for quiet enjoyment only. Anything else could possibly disturb or cause harm to the animals that live there.’

No screaming, then? Or are birders incapable to arouse their partners sufficently? ;) :-C

This is the bit that made me smile in the Mail article -

"PC Nick Willey, West Division Wildlife Crime Officer"

Maybe he closed the hide shutter too quickly ;)

All very amusing until you think about the possible repercussions,
One of our local areas had a reputation for being a favourite spot for courting couples and attracted the attention of "doggers",
It got so bad that you could not park there for fear of being mistaken for one of those pervs.
Another area became the venue for gay men to meet and thus became a no go area unless I could persuade the wife to come with me.

I,m not quite sure what the protocol is on walking into a hide to discover that sort of thing.What do you do? just open a window and say "don't mind me" ;)

I should think a quick query along the lines of "are you going to be long?" or "I'll pop back in about ten minutes - or will two be enough for you?" ought to do it.

Or perhaps wildlife trusts should provide a separate hut for such activities, it wouldn't have to overlook a wildlife habitat. Next to the car park would be convenient for all concerned. Just provide a bin for condoms etc...

John

Imagine... walking in on two sweaty and partly clothed individuals, one of which says "you should have been here 10 minutes ago...". ;)

All very amusing until you think about the possible repercussions,
One of our local areas had a reputation for being a favourite spot for courting couples and attracted the attention of "doggers",
It got so bad that you could not park there for fear of being mistaken for one of those pervs.
Another area became the venue for gay men to meet and thus became a no go area unless I could persuade the wife to come with me.

You are right Stranger, a very good birding area near me has been spoiled by similar activities. It got so bad people were being threatened by vigilantes.

Bit surprised that the rep said it was fine for occasional misuse of the hides - but I guess taking a laid back approach is better than being too strict and risking arson etc as a result.

Counter-intuitive, but should you start making more noise as you approach a hide, in order to warn the occupants you are about to enter??...

At least you could get inland shag on your day list....

Are you allowed to tick Fatter Spotted Ar*e? :eek!:
They could be handy, on wet days, for parking your bike. :-O
I've got to stop, it's too easy!!!!! :t:
Chris

Imagine... walking in on two sweaty and partly clothed individuals, one of which says "you should have been here 10 minutes ago...". ;)

Apt ;)
You would have to be very careful about how you questioned them about it ... eg don't ask them to describe what the jizz was like....

Are you talking about a threesome, Dan?!

Generally speaking...... No!!!! :eek!:

Another relevent (ish?) thread from today;

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=148401

(Sorry, as mentioned it is kind of too easy...)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back