• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone with a Hawks vision? (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
Anyone with a Hawk's vision?

I'm guessing even Superman's vision won't help, but I figured there's nothing to lose by posting ;)

These are two 100% crops that I've enlarged as much as possible; I might be able to enlarge more, but it goes too pixelated. This ring is on a Sedge Warbler, and it's nice to know a bit about a bird's history. I doubt there's enough text showing on the ring...but?

Thanks

EDIT:Found a pic with a slightly different angle

Attachments

• P1780507-c.JPG
    P1780507-c.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 85
  • P1780549Rpf.JPG
    P1780549Rpf.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 95
  • P1780526-c.JPG
    P1780526-c.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Maybe -74- in the first pic, and -483- in the 2nd & 3rd pics. So the number may (but doesn't definitely) include the sequence 7483.

Maybe -74- in the first pic, and -483- in the 2nd & 3rd pics. So the number may (but doesn't definitely) include the sequence 7483.

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I think I can see those four numbers, but like you said, not for sure. I'll have a look through all the pics I took of the bird, even those ready to be deleted, maybe there's more info showing

I see a 04 in the first photo.

If you can track down likely banders (err, ringers...), there's a slight chance they could identify the individual by the last 3 or so numbers in the sequence.

I see a 04 in the first photo...

Likewise. In fact that is quite clear, along with 483 in the later two photos.

The letters "EU" are legible on the top line, and what is probably an "M". So "EUM" as part of the text, which may be BTO British Museum marked ring?

Further information on these rings, here and here, HTH

Maybe worth asking in the Bird Ringing and Banding subforum?

Thanks for the replies. I was going to put this in the Ringing sub-forum, but I noticed a lack of activity there... I've put a link to this thread there now.

To be honest, this looks like a French ring... The 'S' on the bottom line of the address wouldn't be on a BTO ring, but would be on a MUSEUM PARIS ring. Their ring numbers are quite long though, so sadly think there will be too much missing on this to trace it.

Thanks for that; it's still interesting to know that the bird has been to France... I've never been abroad ;)

Oh, from his singing (can we really call that noise singing ;) ) and display flight, I'd say it's a male

I suppose I should show what the bird looks like; just cropped and resized, no PP work, just a quick upload to show the bird.

Attachments

• P1780532Rpf900.JPG
    P1780532Rpf900.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 43
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back