• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What birds are singing/United States, southern Illinois (1 Viewer)

Kevgarlic

Can I get some help in identifying the various woodland birds singing in this 1:48 audio recording? This was recorded on Saturday May 4th 2013 about 6:30 in the morning in the Shawnee Forest in southern Illinois.

Probably what you will first hear, is the rain! Yes, even though there was a light shower, I still managed to get some good recordings.

The habitat; My recorder was positioned at the edge of some heavy woods, with a variety of trees, mostly oak, maple, pines, and beech. The recorder was about 25 feet from a clearing where the utility company had recently cut away all vegetation near its power lines.

Much appreciated!

Kevin

Attachments

• ForestBirdsNearClearing.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Common Yellowthroat :)04)
White-eyed Vireo :)19 but also before)
Eastern Towhee :)51 but also before)
American Redstart (1:00 and maybe before)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back