• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Thrashers come to dinner- QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
Two- mind you, two brown thrashers on the suet at the very same time. That's the first time I have ever seen that happen. Must be something in the air. There has been a lot of "pairing" going on in HoodWoods.

iMovie

This is the first movie I have posted with the new version of quicktime. It just came out today- well tomorrow. My copy arrived a day early. Please let me know how it works and looks. To be honest, I can't really see any difference yet- but then I may not be doing it right yet. QT7, the free version was included with MacOSX.4 (Tiger) but dang- I had to go buy the Pro version @ an additional $30. to use all the features. Apple thinks I am rich. A notice on the site said that the free version for windows will be available soon.

Thanks for the video of the thrashers. They are sharp birds. I showed my husband the video of the sharp shinned hawk with the squirrel. He thought that was really incredible. Wish we had such interesting birds at our feeder.

Kay

Thanks so much- It really is my pleasure to share these videos with people who like birds. Those thrashers are a lot of fun. I have been seeing them a lot lately. I know that putting out the suet had a lot to do with it. And that darned hawk- that really flipped me out. I never in my life expected to see anything like that bird in my yard. I'm still telling people about that and it was almost a year ago.

So you had no trouble opening the thrasher video, eh? Well that's good. I was a little worried about the new QuickTime not being "backwards compatible." But I guess it is.

Alan

Hi Alan, another great video! Could it be possible that these two thrashers are a male and female and at this time of year, is why they tolerate each other so close? Do males and females look the same? Very striking looking birds. Nice captures!

If things keep up like this video, your new version of Quick Time will be a big success. This video opened for me in record time..... before it was even fully downloaded! Wonderful! :)

Cool! that's good to know. Maybe it does work better. As soon as QT7 is available for windows I'll let you know- that shoud make it even better. Does the video look to be any clearer?

As far as the thrashers go, yes, males and females look the same and I'm guessing that this is a mating pair getting along well while they are nesting. They are a delight to have in HoodWoods.

Thanks for responding to my videos.

I don't think it's any clearer.... I found the other one to be really clear and this is just as good, if that helps any.
:h?:

alarson2 said:
Cool! that's good to know. Maybe it does work better. As soon as QT7 is available for windows I'll let you know- that shoud make it even better. Does the video look to be any clearer?

As far as the thrashers go, yes, males and females look the same and I'm guessing that this is a mating pair getting along well while they are nesting. They are a delight to have in HoodWoods.

Thanks for responding to my videos.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back