• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Google Chrome - signing out (1 Viewer)

Hi KC,

I would assume you would go to Settings > Sign in, and disconnect your Google Account.

Let me know if that works.

I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm back in the office Josh. I use Google Chrome both at home and at work. I made the stupid move of signing in at work and all my bookmarks from home wound up taking over my work bookmarks which I really would rather not have. Thanks Josh.

I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm back in the office Josh. I use Google Chrome both at home and at work. I made the stupid move of signing in at work and all my bookmarks from home wound up taking over my work bookmarks which I really would rather not have. Thanks Josh.

Yea, I can see that being a problem. In the future (if you don't want everything to sync), when you sign in a google account, you will want to click on "advanced", after you enter your login info, so you can choose what you want to sync.

I hope that works for you!

Okay Josh, I've disconnected my Google acct at work.

Now, if I delete the home bookmarks that were synced to my work computer bookmarks, will they only be deleted from my work computer?

I can't answer your questions KC, but if you have problems like that, would it be an idea to use two different browsers, one for home and the other for work.

I've a funny feeling (though not really sure) that you can have different 'Profiles' in Firefox, maybe you can do the same in GC; so you could then use Profile 1 at work and Profile 2 in the office.

Okay Josh, I've disconnected my Google acct at work.

Now, if I delete the home bookmarks that were synced to my work computer bookmarks, will they only be deleted from my work computer?

If you disconnected your google account at work, then you shouldn't have no problem with your home computer bookmarks, if you delete them at work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back