• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop question (1 Viewer)

Pete007

Having previously used Adobe Elements I have now embarked on the steep learning curve that comes with using Photoshop CS5.
One aspect with Elements that I found simple to use and useful was the Paint bucket tool.
By careful use of the colour picker and selecting the right Opacity I found it very useful and quick to sometimes 'Perk-up' a background typically a dull looking sky.
You simply selected the colour, put the Paint bucket on the area of Sky and Job done ! - (pretty much).
I am sure this is possible in Photoshop but without the Paint bucket tool I have yet to find a method that is as quick and simple to use as it was with Elements or having to mask areas etc.
Any help or advice on how to achieve this quickly and efficiently in Photoshop much appreciated.

Pete

There is still a Paint Bucket tool in Photoshop CS5, it is grouped with the Gradient tool in the tools palette. You can still do it your tried and trusted way but from what I think you trying to do you could use the Replace Color tool in Image > Adjustments.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back