• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kevin Purcell? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly found all the Klingon references (esp. in the past) and all the minimally informed speculation tiresome, but really, removed from Birdforum because "some members are not looking in because of it" ???!!! I dare say they need to get thicker skins...maybe even some brow ridges. Most of Brock's posts were binoculars/optics related, or related (in the grander sense of the spirit of conversation) to the threads they populated. I don't share his sense of humor, but I could see that many of his efforts were quite clever. Really, I can only hope that the behaviour in question was on a different forum (I only read the bino and scope posts) and categorically different from the Brock that I knew here, because I've never found him over the top. But apparently I've got a lot more stomach, or room in my heart, for tangential commentary and absurdity. Considering how trivial, useless, poorly informed, misleading, and redundant most conversation (and, by extension, posting on conversational forums) is, I'm shocked by this action.

--AP

AP

I certainly agrre with your post as well as many of the preceeding ones. It would certainly seem like "these members" could certainly scroll past his posts if they found them too arcane. Censorship under any guise is a fundamental threat. Is there some sort of early warning system to alert you to the impending doom and exile?

+1 for Brock. We couldn't be more opposites but I always enjoy his intelligence, based on his command of popular culture and wit. I liken his rants to Dennis Miller and indulge sparingly. It's surprisingly easy to scan his posts and find material that is on topic, which is rarely of poor substance.

This place is a lot more colorful due to diversity:
1. The guy(s) who always rates his current model binocular as the top, all other models being absolute rubbish - including the ones he previously rated as supernatural perfection.
2. The guy(s) who who will blow everyone away with technical analysis and illustrations, but throw guys like me a bone with a nice layman's explanation
3. The hunters and astronomers among us who don't get enough at 24 hour or cloudy so have to forage here for a much needed fix.
4. The early adopters - I like them the most as they provide valuable information on new gear - even if some of them border on fanboy status as of late.

I'm quite sure plenty of people have added me to their "ignore" list. I'm surprised those people didn't do the same. Talking about a few bad apples ruining the barrel. I would not be surprised if Brock would not want to come back but count me as wishing him best.

Holy cow! After Kevin answered my e-mail, I come take a look and...well, just wow. I really do not know how to respond here. :-C

I guess Rick and BBB is where I am, but it is not my forum and do not know the specifics.... Brock has a rare way with words. Sometimes zany (even irritating as in the Klingon stuff), but never dull and always had a visible thought process.

So he irritated a couple of BF members. Get a life. If everybody has to worry about irritating a couple of members...this would be a dull and dead place. Did the right parties get canned?

So anyway, glad to see kevin is fully functional and sorry to see Brock is gone. I wondered if his search engine big brother giant tirade was maybe a bit out of place...but for removal... :eek!: OK enough said I suppose. Never easy being the referee, but it sometimes is necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back