• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best alpha binocular for ageing glasses wearer? (2 Viewers)

That was an excellent summation of those specific binoculars , and I had almost the exact same experience with them. I will say I had a better overall impression of the EL’s though. I did like the NL’s a tad better than the SF’s, but the SF’s have that lighter weight. I also choose the EL over the SF’s in the 32’s. I’d also say that a little more time with them, where you would see more of there strengths amd weaknesses under more lighting conditions really does help with a decision.

The thing is , if that glare issue in the NL is a consistent annoyance to you, it will always be there. If the NV checks all the other boxes except the wider FOV, id bet that you’d never mis the FOV of the NL, but you’d always be annoyed by the NL glare. I do see a bit more glare in the NL than the NV under more conditions, but it is not a deal breaker for me. That’s why sometimes it takes more time under the sun to put them through there paces. For me I prefer the NV’s in 8x42 and prefer the NL’s in 10x42, go figure.

Paul
I've looked through all of the above except for the NV and to be honest I prefer my SLC 8x42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back