• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cley Visitor Centre (1 Viewer)

Dr Hackenbush

Good morning all,

I'm popping to Norfolk for a few days in the near future. I can't find out whether the new building is open to visitors yet - does any body know if it is.

Many thanks in advance.

cley visitor centre

Dr Hackenbush said:
Good morning all,

I'm popping to Norfolk for a few days in the near future. I can't find out whether the new building is open to visitors yet - does any body know if it is.

Many thanks in advance.
It would appear at the moment they are having a few problems,as they come near to completion,possibly the end of april,but if you ring this number
01603 625540,towards the end of the month they may have a better idea of when they will be opening.

POP

still using the old carpark, etc this morning. Delays still I believe but nearly there according to BB (warden)

The new visitor centre is open and very smart it is too. The cafe is wonderful with a good selection of reasonablly priced meals all locally sourced. The panoramic view is spectacular and visitors can sit and look out of the window. The old visitor centre is going to be refurbished for the birders and will sell optics.
The new North Hide is vast improvement on the old one, being a little higher and affords views over North Scrape as well as Simmond Scrape (with a scope). Let us hope that the North Sea will not wash it away as the sea-bank has now seriously eroded away.
Sue

The new visitor centre is open and very smart it is too. The cafe is wonderful with a good selection of reasonablly priced meals all locally sourced. The panoramic view is spectacular and visitors can sit and look out of the window. The old visitor centre is going to be refurbished for the birders and will sell optics.
The new North Hide is vast improvement on the old one, being a little higher and affords views over North Scrape as well as Simmond Scrape (with a scope). Let us hope that the North Sea will not wash it away as the sea-bank has now seriously eroded away.
Sue

regarding the shingle bank last weekend when i visited i learnt that apparently the plan is to allow some of the reserve to saltmarsh and let the bank erode. at the moment though some of the wall is really low, and it would only take a few large waves to get over the top, i just hope the warden etc know exactly what they are doing.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back