• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A little somthing (1 Viewer)

marcus

Hello
I went to that lake where last week I may have seen a Blue-headed Vireo, again this morning. I did not see a vireo or anything else too special, just Canada Geese, Mallards, some white farm geese, you know, the ones with the 'bumps' on their foreheads. I did see two Green Herons, a Great Blue Heron, and two very noisy Belted Kingfishers. The best thing I saw was when I went into a place where people stand to throw popcorn to the ducks. Under the roof were about 6 Barn Swallow nests. One of them was 'alive' and I watched one swallow come and go, bringing breakfast to 4 young swallows in the nest. That's probably the first time I've seen that.
I really just wish that I knew someone else to go birding with. I'd love that more than adding the Ivory-billed Woodpecker to my life-list.
marcus

marcus said:
I sure would love to be able to do that!
marcus

Hi Marcus!

You (and I) are fortunate to live in a metropolitan area with one of the highest density of birders in the USA. Several birding clubs operate in this area and offer field trips, open to everybody, member or non-member, at all skill levels.

Since you live in Howard County I suggest you check the home page of the Howard Chapter of MOS and its field trips:

http://www.geocities.com/howardbirds/

Dalcio

Can I ever meet you?

dacol said:
Hi Marcus!

You (and I) are fortunate to live in a metropolitan area with one of the highest density of birders in the USA. Several birding clubs operate in this area and offer field trips, open to everybody, member or non-member, at all skill levels.

Since you live in Howard County I suggest you check the home page of the Howard Chapter of MOS and its field trips:

http://www.geocities.com/howardbirds/

Dalcio
I do belong to the Howard County Bird Club, but just so I can read some the 'papers' sent to members. I read about those field trips, but I know that I will never go on any.
I really, really wish that I could do something with other members one day, like go on a field trip. I'll admit that someone did take me to Bombay Hook and Blackwater NWR, but that guy wasn't really a 'real' birder, and that was a couple of years ago too. I did see my first Wild Turkeys and Buffleheads though.
Just wondering, where is Poolesville?
Oh, to meet another birder! BLESSING!!!
marcus

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back