• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica store in Seattle area (Bellevue Square) (1 Viewer)

cnick6

Just in case anyone hasn't heard the new Leica store is opened at Bellevue Square Mall. It's a small store but they have quite a few products (and of course, their binoculars!)

Enjoy!

captainsnautical-Leica

Whoa! I've got a black triangle flashing on the top and left side of the screen, with a small rectangle (end is a trapezoid) coming out from the left side of the screen, and a white "icicle" tapering down into this box to the right near the smilies.

I have several other pages open with my browser, and nothing like this is happening. The black and white geometric shapes stopped flashing but are still there. I ran Norton's but nada.

Anybody else see this or am I having flashbacks from the 60s?

brokenroller

Last edited:
Brock, yes I experience much the same thing regularly, just walking down the street.

Speaking of stores, we were recently down in Saint Augustine FL and wandered into a Swarovski shop. My wife volunteered to the clerk that she had a Swaro binocular that was really great. The blankest look in the universe is all she got in return. But hoo-wee, the big glass jaybirds were something.

Ron

Brock wrote: "Looks like Captains has got some competition."

Emery sold the store in October. However, if the new owner runs the place like before, Captain's doesn't have competition. I just did what was right and was willing to let the consequences follow. I never worried about the competition and could sleep easy. When you can help with questions the "experts" can't or won't, word gets around.

Besides, I bought enough of the major brands, none of them would have been willing to cause me grief.

I have seen how the economic downturn has hit their inventory, and it makes me sad. But, if they can maintain the philosophies established in 1897, they'll keep rolling along. When I left in 2008, the AVERAGE tenure was 25 years. I have been gone 7 years and they still have the same staff. Skip is not, and does not want to be, a lens designing opto-nerd like me. However, he can answer any real questions a sensible customer might have.

Bill

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back