• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crambus perlella? - Leicestershire, UK (1 Viewer)

condliffen

Is this Crambus perlella? (AKA Yellow Satin Veneer? Sorry Paul!!)
Cheers
Neale

Attachments

• Yellow Satin Veneer - Copy.jpg
    Yellow Satin Veneer - Copy.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 67
Tricky with that photo, but I would be tempted with Agriphila straminella.
Um: jiggled the screen angle and now undecided. I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!
Can just make out two white longtitudinal streaks, which would be good for Cr perlella
regards,
Jono

Last edited:
Lol. It was indeed those very streaks that pointed me towards C. perlella. I'm leaning that way (i.e. I'm inclined to agree!).

(AKA Yellow Satin Veneer? Sorry Paul!!)

You've just made me go all Victor Meldrew in the office.

A few dodgy looks resulted. I still hadn't recovered from last night when mid-meal with some colleagues I was trying to rescue an Old Lady flying around inside a burger restaurant on the waterfront in central Bristol. As one of them commented today, I didn't look at all mad stumbling around the tables chasing a huge moth whilst telling people that it was an Old Lady!

All the best

Last edited:
Woah - where'd he come from?? I did not intend for that weird graphic to appear - just colon capital D!!
Technology, huh?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back