• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I copy/burn music to a cd? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I hope this isn't duplicated as I typed it all out, pressed 'submit' and it disappeared Grhhhh :)
This is a new Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1
I have ripped/copied a music cd to the library.
I was told that modern laptops come complete with a program to copy/burn but I cannot find one.
When I googled it......the answer was to search for Windows Media which I have done but it seems to be telling me I have to download it.
So..............
Should the computer have the burn/copy facility built in ?
If so......how do I find it ?
If not........what is the best/most simple free program to download ?
Many thanks.

If you have Windows, WMP should appear in the list of programmes (e.g. from the Start menu).
I have just googled the question and found the following........

"Windows Media Centre isn't available for Windows RT or Windows RT 8.1. Visit the Windows Store to find entertainment apps".

Whatever that means :(

I have just googled the question and found the following........

"Windows Media Centre isn't available for Windows RT or Windows RT 8.1. Visit the Windows Store to find entertainment apps".

Whatever that means :(

I don't think Windows Media Centre is the same thing as Windows Media Player. I've never had a Windows computer that didn't have WMP on it, including one running Windows 8. WMP may be listed under 'Windows Accessories'. Unless you've removed it, it will be there.

Hello David
Try clicking on the Start menu and navigate from there to My Computer and then into the Control Panel.
Once in the Control Panel - look for Add or Remove Programs.
Look for a tab with Add / Remove windows components. This will bring up a list off accessories with a box alongside to tick. Windows media player will be in this list. Make sure it is ticked. If not, fill the tick box and windows will load it onto your machine automatically.
Hope this helps

Hi David,
From the first paragraph of the above link
Open Windows Media Player:

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter Windows Media Player in the search box, tap or click Apps, and then tap or click Windows Media Player.

Windows Media Center is a completely different animal to Windows Media player :)

If the above doesn't work for you, have a read of this
http://winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-tip-find-search-143469
Paragraph 2 explains all you need to know plus has a picture :)

Or does this help you
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-burn-cd-dvd-windows-8.1,26380.html
It has a vid to show a different way to achieve what you want.

Or this
http://infrarecorder.org/
But you do not need 3rd party software to do what you want.
I've used this dude myself.

Have fun

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back