• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dropped my Hawke Frontier ED 10x43‎ (1 Viewer)

Yes, contact Hawke

Also, with the rarity of techs who really understand collimation issues, more than likely you will be sent a new binocular for a moderate "repair" cost. Having qualified techs on staff these days is a losing proposition for most companies.

Good luck.

Bill

Also, with the rarity of techs who really understand collimation issues, more than likely you will be sent a new binocular for a moderate "repair" cost. Having qualified techs on staff these days is a losing proposition for most companies.

Good luck.

Bill

It's a disposable world for sure now, you and I included. I miss my local camera shop which really introduced me to good beginner bins. They just couldn't compete with the big chains and now it's all going online with drone deliveries seemingly coming soon.

No they're meeting about climate change and blaming coal although we have a few billion more folks on the planet lately burning that coal but doesn't seem to occur to them although there are vigorous attempts to starve a few billion which I suppose isn't really highlighted. Thanks leaders.

Wow, I'm in a rant mood this morning:eek!:

It's a disposable world for sure now, you and I included. I miss my local camera shop which really introduced me to good beginner bins. They just couldn't compete with the big chains and now it's all going online with drone deliveries seemingly coming soon.

No they're meeting about climate change and blaming coal although we have a few billion more folks on the planet lately burning that coal but doesn't seem to occur to them although there are vigorous attempts to starve a few billion which I suppose isn't really highlighted. Thanks leaders.

AMEN

Coward! ;)

Then why did you stop!? We have Soooooo much to rant about. It seems that in all the civilized countries, political correctness has taken over and is dictating. Too bad those saying the most have the least worth listening to.

But wait, I may have offended two guys from a non-civilized country. :cat:

Bill

PS Merry Christmas, Clive

Good luck.

Bill

Sounds about right.

Just don't forget,
Australia has the world's 'Cleanest' coal according to our leader!..so it must be true! That extra hard hi energy black brittle stuff - not that brown or semi black cheese shat from the rest of the earth for Europeans to warm their frozen little hands on B :):-O ;);););)

Ps..I used to scavenge some by the train line...it was good stuff...made a metallic cling sound when hit! Damn good coal.

Last edited:
Tis amazing how things change so quickly these days.

Seems a Co. in China is currently refraining from human cloning according to their official line but of course they've probably been doing it for ages already or at least with monkeys. I wonder what religion they will be? In the beginning there was Adam and Eve and a bit later on the Clone? I think they are basically talking about no more husband wife stuff just get a designer clone if you want a kid and then I suppose the kid doesn't need to have a particular sex? It's a weird one for sure but I have a feeling things will go this way.

We ain't seen nothing yet!

Good luck with the Hawke getting sorted BTW. It's a good bin so worth having it looked at.

Tis amazing how things change so quickly these days.

Seems a Co. in China is currently refraining from human cloning according to their official line but of course they've probably been doing it for ages already or at least with monkeys. I wonder what religion they will be? In the beginning there was Adam and Eve and a bit later on the Clone? I think they are basically talking about no more husband wife stuff just get a designer clone if you want a kid and then I suppose the kid doesn't need to have a particular sex? It's a weird one for sure but I have a feeling things will go this way.

We ain't seen nothing yet!

Good luck with the Hawke getting sorted BTW. It's a good bin so worth having it looked at.

But, remember Clive: Artificial Intelligence will NEVER overtake NATURAL STUPIDITY!

Bill

But, remember Clive: Artificial Intelligence will NEVER overtake NATURAL STUPIDITY!

Bill

I think I know what you mean. I've just received another faulty bin. Couldn't get it to focus initially. Played about with it and then could get it to focus but now it's gone again. It's a little pocket RSPB 8x20 HD, I thnk the same as the Alpen 8x20 ED HD. Super optics by the looks of it when they briefly worked (it's night though, I just received them an hour ago).

It was an ex DEMO supposedly but I don't imagine it worked to well in that role?

Looks like another return but I would love to have kept it. Usual one weak hinge also.

I've been trying to work out how I got it to work for that short while but I can't see anything to get it back. The dioptre is on full lock and it's still quite a way out. So obviously a very dodgy bin but definitely very high quality clear glass compared with my other compacts hence my regret to return it but maybe they might change or repair it?

I've informed the seller. Seems now the left side won't focus to infinity. Bummer.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back