• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Website at last (1 Viewer)

colleenc

Hello all my friends here, I finally got a website going and I'd like to have some of you to put in my favorite links area and I'd like to be in yours if you would let me....

I don't know how to do that, so if you do please give me a hint, and also your website so I can paste it in my site.

Hope this is how one goes about it, I did get Tims in but that was over a year ago when I first started and I forget how I did it...
Also let me know how it works for you, it's only been up 2 days...

my website

Thanks so much
Colleen

Looks good Colleen, though not enough birds;) Just kidding it showcases all of your work in various styles.

I got a bit distracted by your technical question so I'll need to come back and look again. My guess is that you used some sort of website-creating program for this? I looked at the source code and it has a lot of things, especially javascript, that makes me think that you didn't write it from scratch yourself.

There's nothing wrong with that and it's what most people do. The problem is that sometimes it's hard to make sense of the automatically generated code.

For Tim's link I found this:

<p class="Sidebar_Title"><br /></p>
<p class="paragraph_style_1">http://www.tim-wootton.com/<br /></p>

At least for me that didn't work as a link. Instead you probably need something like this for the second line:

<p class="paragraph_style_1"><a href="http://www.tim-wootton.com/">Tim Wootton Art</a><br /></p>

Then for each artist you want to add you do something similar. At least I think that should work. Since I quit my job over a year ago I do less and less coding and don't keep up with any changes. If you did use some sort of website creating program for this I would think that they would also have a way to add a link. You just need to find out what it's called!

Good luck.

I'm going to come back to this (after dinner!) and have a better look, but it looks good to start.

Mike

You have a beautiful homepage and I`ve done your Link to my site

but I can`t say how you get the links on your site

greetings Gaby

thanks all

the site is made with Apple IWeb, so I didn't write anything in code, there is some simple way to link I'll have to ask again....best part is I can publish with one click, so I can change it easy and as often as I like. no website person involved, and learn as you go.

down side is the e-commerce, which can be done but is beyond me at this moment, it's a outside thing to add paypal some how. I'll get there

thaks for checking it out for me.

thanks all

the site is made with Apple IWeb, so I didn't write anything in code, there is some simple way to link I'll have to ask again....best part is I can publish with one click, so I can change it easy and as often as I like. no website person involved, and learn as you go.

down side is the e-commerce, which can be done but is beyond me at this moment, it's a outside thing to add paypal some how. I'll get there

thaks for checking it out for me.
does this mean you have to work on a Mac to get this facility?

yep IWeb is an application that comes with any Mac, it is very easy to use, but it can be hosted by any site, that hosts websites, or at least the main ones.

Hope you can get "TechHelp" Colleen! ;)

Here's a good start!...

http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108

And another: place, from Apple itself.

I have one site that required a tremendous amount of work to set up with Paypal, mainly due to setting up shipping costs, taxes, etc. But I have another site where I got it set up with almost no work at all. The first thing you have to do is to set up a Paypal account as a seller not a buyer. They charge you when you sell, but I'd rather be selling and paying them a small price, than not selling and saving a wee bit!;) It all does take time though. You'll get it done eventually. In the meantime your site is off to a great start.

thanks Ken when I get to that part, maybe you can give me some hints...I have more work to do on it before I set that part up...there are places on the web that help you do it too....tutorials I'm told.

Also I was just sent this link for selling your art for free

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back