• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can I get my recordings back? (1 Viewer)

Tib78

Hi all,

Recently, I mistakingly deleted several folders containing many recordings in my recording device, a Panasonic LS-3. Unfortunately I had not saved those recordings to my computer yet (I am an idiot, I know).
I would like to know if any of you guys has a magic trick to get my recordings back? Or is it a lost cause?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oops! Not like you Tib!!

Yeah...as you know I normaly upload my recordings asap to my laptop but, for some reasons, I did not do it this time. As I was very busy when I got back to France, I completely forgot to upload them. But, lesson learnt, it won't happen again that's for sure!

Anyway thanks a lot Mono, I was able to recover a good part of my recordings (c. 300 out of 450) with Recuva. I am especialy happy that I didn't loose my only recordings of Kenrick's starling (a localised Tanzanian endemic).

Still a bit gutted that I lost my White-headed mousebirds recordings...that would have been a new addition to Xeno-canto. No one to blame except myself though...:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back