• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shutter about to fail? (1 Viewer)

gmax

Sontium Dweller
Silly question perhaps |:$| , but what are the main small hints/signs I should take into consideration to know that a shutter or mirror is going to fail?
Thanks,
Max

Ick! Don't remind me..!

;)

Joking apart, Max - I don't know if that's the only indicator of a dying shutter, but if you're seeing this symptom you might well have a shutter problem.

The good news is that it's a straightforward fix. If you're under warranty that's great, but even if not it isn't a hugely expensive repair.

My 20D shutter failed a while back (out of warranty, just worn out by a lot of actuations). Pre-failure symptoms: none. It was working perfectly, then it wasn't. Nothing else to say.

My 30D shutter went yesterday the camera is only 13months old it will cost over £200 pounds to repair. To make matters worse I was photographing a Temminck's Stint at the Time I had to drive home for a spare camera by which time the best light was gone it never rains but it pours.

My 30D shutter went yesterday the camera is only 13months old it will cost over £200 pounds to repair. To make matters worse I was photographing a Temminck's Stint at the Time I had to drive home for a spare camera by which time the best light was gone it never rains but it pours.

:C :C :C :C
No pre-failure symptoms?

Yes the symptoms I noticed were that the release button had to be pressed fully down to activate the shutter

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back