• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

magee marsh Ohio (1 Viewer)

Have you checked on the Black Swamp Bird Observatory site? http://www.bsbo.org/Birding/default.htm My understanding is they are VERY close to Magee Marsh. Good luck and have fun! I'm going to try to make it up there for a couple days this spring, too. :)

Edited to add that Toledo looks like your closest city with an airport. Bigger airports within a couple hours: Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus and even Dayton isn't a three hour drive to the area.

Last edited:
Has anyone got any info on hotels, nearest airport near this reserve. We'd like to go 26th May for 6 days
Presumably you've seen the article by Sam Woods in Birding World 22 (11), Dec 2009: Magee Marsh, Ohio – the site for North American warbler migration in May, (reporting a visit 5-24 May 2009). Sounds great!

It concludes with the comment: The author welcomes enquiries for further information and may be emailed at:
sam AT tropicalbirding.com

Richard

Thanks Richard
You're right, we did see the article, totally missed the concluding comment and have been trawling the net for info. Will now try emailing Sam. Just shows how easy it is to miss the vital element, I was so involved in the warblers I could see.

There's a timely article on Magee Marsh in the latest issue of Birding:

Looking at the maps on p44, I'm now rather annoyed to learn that the wife and I passed right by without stopping, completely unaware of its potential, when driving from Massachusetts to Michigan for Kirtland's Warbler in May 2008. :C

Richard

Thanks Richard
We almost booked for a week in May, but then realised how long a journey it was so we decided to wait until we could go for longer. Maybe when we retire.( My wife works at school and can only have a week in May.)
Thanks again
Micky 1

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back