• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sacramento water birds? (1 Viewer)

scuba0095

Hello

I live in the arden area and behind my apt we have lots of ducks. I am new here and today i noticed a giant canada goose fly past my window and land in the pond. I was wondering what other birds can i expect? I have yet to see any sea gulls here?

Someone told me they saw swans here? If so do you know what time of year they come and what species?

Do gulls ever visit the ponds inland? Or better yet any pelicans? I see koi fishes in the ponds as well!@

Hi, welcome to California. Tundra swans are here this time of year. The Sacramento area is a flyway for a lot of different migratory birds, so you have a chance to see quite a bit. I live in the San Francisco bay area so I am not certain about the gulls, but they do come further inland with the cool air in front of storms. I have scene American white pelican in the Sacramento area, brown pelican stay along the coast.

Have you been to or have you thought about going to Consumnes River Preserve. It is south on I 5. Their are a lot of different types of birds their,also Staten Island is good for sandhill crane and woodbridge is good for sand hill crane ,goose ,ducks and waders.

Have you been to or have you thought about going to Consumnes River Preserve. It is south on I 5. Their are a lot of different types of birds their,also Staten Island is good for sandhill crane and woodbridge is good for sand hill crane ,goose ,ducks and waders.

Definitely Consumnes: you'll get wood duck, gadwall, cinnamon teal and herons there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back