• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nightjar (1 Viewer)

dj1947

dj1947
sunday 3/7/04 went to chopman common,set out to see night jar;s bit to windy at first later that evening we came across WOODCOCK, THEN NIGHTJAR
EARLYER TREEPIPIT,KESTREL 2,

Hi dj. Don't believe I had the pleasure of welcoming you yet. So a big HI!

It sounds as though you had a good day back in March but this would probably get more exposure if you placed it in the "All Things Birding" forum here.

BrianB said:
Hi dj - sounds like a good evening. Remember the first (and only so far) time I saw Nightjars - amazing.

KC - UK date dd/mm/yy ;)
Duh! I even looked at the calendar and March 7th was on a Sunday and July 3 was Saturday so I went with what was obvious to me. ;)

It's always a pleasure to see a nightjar because they're more easily heard than seen. Recently I was greeted with a nightjar perching near by backyard, and I was fortunate to see it fly as well. I dont know if the nightjars are the same in England as they are here in the United States but it's still a sight to see. Happy birding.

Mike G.

hi mike g

rockhound said:
It's always a pleasure to see a nightjar because they're more easily heard than seen. Recently I was greeted with a nightjar perching near by backyard, and I was fortunate to see it fly as well. I dont know if the nightjars are the same in England as they are here in the United States but it's still a sight to see. Happy birding.

Mike G.
yes this one flew across r path around 10,30pm great to see but we also heard others near by but i think as it was brezzy they kept there heads down
also last week in otmoor we went along to see the glossey ibis great to see
dj

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back