• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

camera cur put (1 Viewer)

walt-m

Hi
My camera as just packed up it is an old 300d so i am looking at the
30d or 40d in hope that my lens & batterys will fit any of these
so to cut down on the cash. all the info will welcome.

Thanks for any tips.

Hi
My camera as just packed up it is an old 300d so i am looking at the
30d or 40d in hope that my lens & batterys will fit any of these
so to cut down on the cash. all the info will welcome.

Thanks for any tips.

300D batteries can only be used with Rebel series bodies (300D,350D,400D,450D etc.). The 30D and 40D take a different battery. If you buy a used 30D or 40D they should come with batteries so you don't need to worry about that. What lenses do you have?

300D batteries can only be used with Rebel series bodies (300D,350D,400D,450D etc.). The 30D and 40D take a different battery. If you buy a used 30D or 40D they should come with batteries so you don't need to worry about that. What lenses do you have?

From my memory of owning one its the same battery in the 300D as the 40D, a BP511.
It certainly isn't the same battery as a 400D.
A lens that fits the 300D will fit the 40D

Hi Falcon the lens are 70-300 & 18 -55
the battarys are bp 511
thanks

Thanks paul that is what i was thinking after reading posts on this forum.

Last edited:
From my memory of owning one its the same battery in the 300D as the 40D, a BP511.
It certainly isn't the same battery as a 400D.
A lens that fits the 300D will fit the 40D

Sounds right to me - 300D batteries should work fine in 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D...

Hi Falcon the lens are 70-300 & 18 -55
the battarys are bp 511
thanks

Thanks paul that is what i was thinking after reading posts on this forum.

Forget what I said in my last post I wasn't thinking. For some reason I thought the 300D used the same batteries as the 350D and 400D. Yes, the BP-511 will work with the 30D,40D,50D bodies.

Last edited:
I upgraded from a 300D to a 30D a few years ago and although the 300D takes a BP511 battery and the 30D has a BP511A both batteries will fit both cameras. The only difference is that the 511A will take more photos before it needs recharging.
Peter

Thanks to all for your input
I will try to find a 40d at price that will leave the batter on my fish &chips or a30d
if i can't get my first option.

Thankyou all

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back