• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick Question on buying online (1 Viewer)

Michael Hogan

Acroperus
I hope I am not breaking any long standing rule - apologies if I am. I am switching from Nikon to Canon (look out in a week or so for some Nikon kit for sale) and want to buy 40D, 300mm f4, 500mm f4, 24-105mm f4 and 1.4x. I know people have posted here saying the the ebayer 123fstop is good and you can collect and pay in person and I will buy the lenses from here but he does not have the camera. Has anyone used the ebayer TheGadgetCompany2005.

Michael

I've nto used either, but I did buy my 500 f4 and 400 f5.6 from Ian Kerr (aka Kerso, trades as flashcamera on ebay) - good prices, good to deal with, all round I'm very impressed. Many other member on here have used him too.

With the camera I'd be inclined to buy from a 'proper' UK retailer. I got my 40D last week and it was front foucsing, local retailer exchanged it the next day for a new one, not so easy to resolve when dealing with an ebay seller. Also Canon lenses have international warranties (as long as they are correctly imported), cameras do not and imported 40D would not (as I understand it) have a Canon warranty.

Check out T4 cameras Swindon they are selling the 500mm f4 for £3699 about the same price as the Hong kong imports

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back