• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

O-EM1 And IPHOTO (1 Viewer)

mdb2

HI all, I have the latest IPHOTO on Yosemite, I am a little concerned at the compatability (or not) of the Raw from the O-EM1 and IPHOTO. I have recently purchased the o-em1 and use the mac iPhoto, I get a message whilst downloading the sd card that none of the information on the SD card
---- card does not meet any of the criteria ---
I do however continue and iPhoto does edit the photos. but does not convert the image to a jpeg? Ok I can live with this! Then whilst editing a batch of photos yesterday I had finished a few and placed them in albums with names and info. The computer screen went blank, I tried to revive the screen by pressing the ESC button but that did not work? I therefore
turned off the computer and then back on again. when the computer fired up and I went back to IPHOTO all my images were gone, with the exemption of the the images i placed into albums. well heres the mystery, I cannot find them anywhere on the computer using finder and they are not in the trash! There not on either of the two externals either. I cannot retrieve them from the card as I reformatted the card when I put it back in the camera. My questions are:
1, Has anyone else had this experience?
2, Why does the iPhoto not recognise the raw image?
3, Any ideas as to where they have gone?

I have now sorted the EM5mk2 raw problem whilst apple play catch up! I opened and updated my olypus viewer software and imported the raw files. I then converted them to TIFF and exported them to documents ( on my MAC) then i opened iPhoto and or either Aperture and imported them. I realise this isn't perfect but its better than JPEG.
kind regards mike

Hi Mike. Have you updated to the latest version of Yosemite 10.10.3 yet, as it no longer includes iPhoto? The free version of iPhoto has been replaced by Photos, which does more or less the same thing. I have just tried importing a raw file from my E-M1 and exporting it as a Jpeg and it worked all right. I am not sure that Apple has raw support for the E-M5 II yet, though. Photos is a bit limited in its image manipulation abilities but it is better than nothing.

Ron

Hi Ron, yes I downloaded it last Wednesday, as usual it wasn't very descriptive, on the download, and I was very surprised at the outcome. It took about 2.5 GB to download! And when finished it was a whole new ball game so much so I did not bother with it and continued with iphoto, which is why I found the workaround on my previous reply. I do wish that apple was more stable all these regular updates of one thing or another do my head in! I believe they have a back room with a load of staff around a huge table throwing around ideas to do so called upgrades to quantify their jobs! Why can't they leave things alone even Yosemite ain't worth the space.
OK now!!! Said my bit will look again at iphoto APP. But will probably only use Aperture from now on?
Kind regards Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back