• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reference your own photograph. (1 Viewer)

Hello,

For a project i'm using my own photographs, and they need to be referenced.
How would i go about Referencing my own photographs?

Thank you,

A few more details would make it easier to figure out what you mean, but here is one guess: If you are doing something like a book, there are two ways commonly used, either place the name of the photographer into each caption, or make a table somewhere with the page number, photographers name. If all photos are by same photographer, it might be equally good to just have the photographer name mentioned in the introduction/foreword (or a statement that all photos my the author).

Niels

Its for a powerpoint "side show" presentation. All my References "books,photo etc, will be put on the last slide of the powerpoint. An example of one for a book would be;
"Stahler, D.R., B. Heinrich and D.W. Smith. 2002. The Ravens Behavioral Association with Wolves. Animal Behaviour 64:283-290" I'm just not sure how i would put it for my own photographs.

Depends on how formal you want to do it. I probably would put a line saying: "All photographs copyright Your Name", or if not all, then with a proper extension of "except slide 7 copyright NN"

Niels

Are you following a specific referencing guideline? I know that various different ones exist out there for having conventions within referencing. If you know the name of the guideline you are following you could look up their guildlines and chances are they'll have one for self referencing your own content - from books to photos.

In the end though referencing is just to inform the reader of the source of the material - so a clear "All photos copyright to "put name here" or "the author"" would suffice.

If you use your own photographs in your presentation than there is no need to give a reference. Photos from other sources should be captioned with the name of the photographer or source (to those reference may be given at the end).
References are used to refer to sources (including your own) used in your presented work that people can verify it if desired and also to indicate who may be the creator/mastermind/owner of the ideas/results/conclusions presented if they are not your own or if those led to your own conclusions.

What you can do is point people at the end of your talk to your website or other publications (flikr account ....) where they can find and look at your images. If you don't have this kind of public display then there is not much to refer too.

Ulli

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back