• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1DIII missing terminal cover (1 Viewer)

graham catley

Last year I suddenly found that the small plastic screw in cover for the Extension System Terminal on the side of my 1DIII was missing -- fortunately I found it in the floor well of my car; Saturday it has happened again (I have never removed this cover and never used the terminal) this time its lost -- contacted Canon who simply gave me the address of recommended repairers; I rang one (well know on this site begins with L) yes they have a lot in stock as you may not be surprised to know this is a regular problem; £10 for 3 --as they could not send them until Jan I rang another number --in a girly place and they are authorized to send one free per customer! So the fault is well known and accepted but apparently nothing has been done to fix it --I assume if left open water could get in and damage the terminal and the camera? -- So unless you stick the cap in how do you make sure you are not going to loose a series of them?
Anyone else had the same problem

http://www.flickr.com/groups/canoneos-1dsmarkiii/discuss/72157604160478637/

Happened to me about 18 months ago. I too used the suppliers recommended by Canon. I have 3 now which I keep just in case it happens again. I have screwed on the new cover very tightly and it hasn't come off since. I believe it is a common problem, there are many threads about this subject on the POTN forum. The new Canon 1D mk4 has a different cover so I believe Canon are very aware of this.

Graham you've just reminded me i lost mine a couple of weeks ago any chance you could supply the number you contacted.Thanks

Graham you've just reminded me i lost mine a couple of weeks ago any chance you could supply the number you contacted.Thanks

Colchester Camera Repair Services
6 Kings Court
Off Newcomen Way
Severalls Business Park
Colchester
CO4 9RA
Telephone: 01206 843 322
Faximile: 01206 843 323

Thanks for that Graham
IV just got my camera out and Mine has gone too lol
i think theres an Alien that comes in the night and takes them away from us :)
Rob.

Mine went a long time ago so I just put a piece of black insulation tape over the hole.
Thats been doing the job for 2 years now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back