• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anza Borrego (1 Viewer)

rwblackbird57

I had a great day yesterday birding in Anza Borrego State Park. We left at around 12pm, which probably was not a good time to go, considering Anza Borrego is a desert. On the way, I spotted several Wild Turkys, my firs ones thi year. Once there, we stoppd at the visitor center and looked around there. On the nature loop trail, I saw several stunning Black-throated Sparrows, a pair of Cactus Wrens, some Verdins, a roadrunner, and a few White-winged Dove along with a Black-tailed Jackrabbit. It was 'only' 110 degrees out. At the Tamarisk Grove Campground, I saw another roadrunner, more Verdins, and a Ladder-backed Woodpecker. That was basically it for the day. Although I only saw around 20 species that day, I picked up several very cool desert birds that I don't usually see where I live, even if Anza Borrego is still part of San Diego County.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back