• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alicante region May 3-10 (1 Viewer)

Krty

Just wanted to post a few notes about my recent trip and particularly a bird in a location I haven't read about anywhere on the net.

Alicante castle - A pair of Black Wheatears quite easy to see at the bottom of the castle and even flying onto the rooftop of a nearby apartment. This was a much needed lifer and one I totally didn't expect there, anyone else seen these here?

DSCN7948.jpgDSCN7951.jpgDSCN7952.jpgDSCN7953.jpg

Also Hoopoe, red-rumped swallows, sardinian warblers. Audoins gull and little terns quite easy at the beach.

Clot De Gavaney - Just 1 white-headed duck on the larger pond which is usually dry. No marbled seen recently from what I heard.

Crevillente hills - 2 Bonelli's eagles right over my head at the place mentioned on other threads. Short-toed and Thekla larks. 2 Spectacled warblers. 8 Black wheatears. 2 Tawny pipits. 1 or 2 Black-eared wheatears. Loads of woodchat shrikes. 1 Little owl. Alpine swifts. 4 choughs.

Santa Pola - Amazing views on the reserve pool inc. Curlew sandpipers in summer plumage, little stints, flamingos, Kentish plover, avocets, stilts, slender-billed gulls etc.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back