• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Identification of birds (1 Viewer)

S K Gudi

Hello everyone,

I am an amateur bird photography enthusiast. Can someone identify this pair of birds? Sorry for the poor quality of the snap.

Attachments

• DSC00621.JPG
    DSC00621.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 169
I am an amateur bird photography enthusiast. Can someone identify this pair of birds? Sorry for the poor quality of the snap.

Hello! Good to see your photos, I hope you shall post more in the future.

I surely can't ID them, but ... what a really striking pair of birds they are, lucky you for having them!

(*sigh* Another (sub-)continent I wish I could visit...)

;)

Hi S K and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Pied Kingfisher

Here is a snap of Pied Kingfisher waiting to prey by a pond near an Indian village. Hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• Pied Kingfisher.JPG
    Pied Kingfisher.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 49
Spotted Asian Koel

Hello again. I think this is an Asian Spotted Koel. Snap taken while it was feasting on wild berries in a shrubbery near a beach in Western India. Have I identified it correctly? I have a video of this too.

Attachments

• P1010608.JPG
    P1010608.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 56
Greetings and a warm welcome to Birdforum.:t:

Coppersmith Barbets for sure. Saw them in Thailand last year.

EDIT: our posts crossed: yep that's an Asian Koel.

Rose Ringed Parakeets

This is how I captured a pair of Rose Ringed Parakeets at play on a window air conditioner.

Attachments

• P1000881.JPG
    P1000881.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 33
Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Common Wood Shrike

Am I correct in identifying this bird as common wood shrike? Would appreciate correction if I am wrong.

Attachments

• Common Wood Shrike 1.jpg
    Common Wood Shrike 1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 54
I've moved your thread to the 'Identification Q&A' subforum to give you a better opportunity to get your IDs answered. It may help for you to put each new ID in a separate thread in future.

Last edited:
A Peacock and A Hose Crow

Shot this peacock taking a stroll on a beach near Karwar, India. Interestingly a house crow happened to fly across the field of view at that instant.

Attachments

• Peacock And A Hose Crow_1.jpg
    Peacock And A Hose Crow_1.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 31
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back